Cut By Beam are looking to expand throughout 2022 and currently have a vacancy for a skilled Workshop Technician. We’re looking for someone creative as well as practical and we can initially offer a part time role for up to 24 hours per week.
Cut By Beam is a forward-thinking company based near Falmouth. We make high quality, sustainable products and our clients range from individuals to well-known national brands.
Laser cutting is CNC technology so we need someone with computer proficiency as well as a natural attention to detail. Someone who has the ability to multi-task in what can sometimes be a very busy environment. The work is varied, being computer and machine based whilst also very practical; with products often finished by hand.
In the first place, please contact Celia Fraser via firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV and separate covering email telling us why you think you’d be ideal for this position and your available starting date.
- Understanding and experience of the laser cutting process
- Use of Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to multi-task
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills
- Enjoys problem solving and going the extra mile for client satisfaction
- Preparedness to get stuck in and help with other workshop tasks when required, such as parcel dispatch and stock-taking.
Ideal Other Experience
- Familiarity with a workshop environment
- Use of Microsoft applications including Outlook
- Use of Monday.com project management tool
Rate of Pay: According to experience. We are accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
Standard workshop hours are 9-5pm but this, once fully trained up, can be more flexible to suit.
Ideally we need someone Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays but again, for the right person, this could be flexible.
Deadline: January 28th 2022. But we are always keen to hear from people with laser cutting experience, so please get in touch if you read this after the current deadline and would like us to keep you in mind for future positions.